Born on 21 June 1966.
Director of the Belgrade Philharmonic Orchestra since March 2001.
At twelve, he made his debut appearances with the Belgrade and Zagreb philharmonic orchestras.
Tasovac earned a BA and Master degree at the Moscow P. I. Tchaikovsky Conservatory, as a student of Prof. Sergei Dorensky.
He performed as a soloist and with numerous orchestras in Italy, Switzerland, Spain, Ireland, USA, Russia, Belgium, former Yugoslavia and the latterYugoslavia.
He has been a jury member in international competitions and held piano masterclasses in Italy, Russia and Yugoslavia.
- Laureate of the Manager of the Year award, presented by the Business Journalists Club, for the promotion of classical music
- Personality of 2011, voted by the editorial board of Vreme magazine
- Regional cultural brand 2011 award presented by the Croatian Public Relations Association
- Annual award The MEN of the Year 2010, given by The MEN magazine
- Gorki list – Flame of Passion 2009 Award
- The Marketing Person of 2009 and the laureate of the Full Steam Ahead award given traditionally by Mark-planetak magazine
- Contribution to Europe of the Year 2009, awarded by the European Movement in Serbia, in cooperation with the European Movement International
- Samsung Annual Award 2005
- Be Good and Show It to the Others Award, presented by the Business School of Public Relations, for the best public relations in the period from July to December 2004
- Disruption Award 2004, presented by the TBWA advertising agency to those who do things differently, break the rules and change the well-established standards…
On 19 September 2013, the Government of the Republic of Serbia relieved Ivan Tasovac of his duty as Director of the Belgrade Philharmonic Orchestra, following his appointment as Minister of Culture and Information on 2 September.